Apolitical Deconstruction

The title of this blog refers to my journey of self-transformation from someone loathe to publicly express his personal opinions on political matters to...well, keep reading and see!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Telephone Privacy and Torture

Dear Senator,

I would like to communicate my thoughts regarding two current legislative matters.

First, I would like to urge you to support the new FISA bill that the House of Representatives is working on. I believe that it is very important that every individual American, as well as every American business, should be held accountable for any violation of the law. This principle is fundamental to the continuation of our democracy. In keeping with this belief, I am absolutely against giving telecommunication corporations immunity for their blatant violations of personal privacy laws and any other laws that they may have broken. I hope you will agree with me that it is critical to uphold the laws of our country and bring to justice those who have broken them.

Second, I am very concerned by the President Bush's veto last week of the 2008 Intelligence Authorization Act. I do not believe that torture in any form should be used against prisoners or detainees. America needs to rebuild its image in the world as a bastion of freedom and human rights. We can not do this if we continue to violate those rights that our Constitution was designed to guarantee. I feel very strongly that all U.S. government agencies, including the CIA, should be held to the standards specified in the Army Field Manual on Interrogations. Once again, I hope that you will agree with me on this issue.

Thank you for your time and attention to my concerns.

Sincerely,

3 Comments:

Blogger DAWG said...

https://catalysttools.washington.edu/webq/
survey/anafisi/53707

4/22/2008 4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well David it has been evident that I am too busy lately n don get to post much but I am here to have my say ;)
---
Amid all the speculations and fuss abt the state of economy and how it is dangerous, I still think there is a mutual understanding worldwide upon a coopporation in every aspect to recover globaly. The world needs US economy and they will also contribute whatever needed to put things back right. I am optimystic abt the whole thing with or withoutthe bailout :)

11/27/2008 5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw here is my bilingual blog as well.

http://bingala.blogspot.com/

11/27/2008 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home